Bonavita is fairly a new company, BUT they are winning awards with their coffee makers. The Bonavita BV1800 was granted as a Certified Brewing Equipment by the Specialty Coffee Association of America. Knowing that the SCAA has some serious high standards, consumers are rest assured that this coffee maker from Bonavita has achieved many quality standards that may not be achieved by other brands in the same class. So, if you’ve experienced other brands of coffeemakers and you weren’t satisfied, then you might just find some desirable features in Bonivata coffeemakers.
When looking for a quality cup of coffee, being simple is usually better. There’s no doubt that the BV1800 from Bonavita fits this axiom all the way. And even if it does not offers the extra features provided by other quality drip coffee machines such as having timers or to brew lesser cups, the Bonavita BV1800 can brew 8 cups in just a little under six minutes.
- Consumers can choose either a thermal, stainless steel or a glass carafe to come with the unit.
- Has a solid built design which feels very sturdy and not cheap.
- It is compact and can fit any kitchen counters.
- An attractive brewing device with clear water marked reservoir.
Benefits of the Bonavita Coffeemaker
Consumers of the Bonavita BV1800 have found many perks that they couldn’t easily get when using other brand of coffee brewers.
- Compatible with permanent coffee filters. No need to purchase disposable paper filters.
- Actually, this coffee requires lesser amount of coffee compared to other brewers. The showered head has a unique and functional design that ensures all of the coffee grounds in the basket get saturated, instead of a relative amount of the grinds at the middle of the filter basket.
- Can raise the water to ideal brewing temperature of 195 – 205 degrees Fahrenheit, which gives the perfect flavor of coffee.
- Easy to use and produces an excellent pot of coffee quickly.
What Consumers Love About the Bonavita Coffeemaker
Aside from its great designs and unparalleled flavor of brewed coffee, there are other things that the consumers appreciate about the coffeemaker:
- 8-cup capacity size fits right for medium sized households and small offices.
- Fast brew time is perfect for morning coffee and other occasions when a pot of freshly brewed coffee are needed.
- Easy to fill water into its reservoir.
What Consumers Did Not Like
- Not programmable.
Overall, I felt that the absent of the extra features offered by other coffeemakers caused the Bonavita to be a not so good choice for some coffee drinkers. Although, I also think that the fast brew time along with temperature precision are more than enough to cover the lack of the extra features.
I highly recommend the Bonavita BV1800 Coffee Maker for coffee drinkers who really enjoys quality coffee, rather than to benefit from the extra features that other coffeemaker provides.